Tuesday, August 30, 2016

How can knowing where we are from help us determine where to go? (Day 3) Daily Plans: Wednesday, 31 August

Happy Wednesday AVID Students!
**************************
Homework: 
-Where I'm From Draft due TOMORROW
-Read to meet your book club contract deadline
**************************
Big Idea: Relationships support our success
Essential Question: How can knowing where we are from help us determine where to go?
Objectives: I can...
...set and meet my goals.
...improve my work.
...connect art and identity.
...ask clarifying questions.
***************************
1) Warm Up: SMART Success Workshop (15 min)
Image result for before I die I want to
  1. Set a goal for how you will spend the next 12 minutes. Goal options:
    1. Reorganize your binder.
    2. Revise your notes with HOT questions, highlighted key terms, and summaries.
    3. Read for Friday.
    4. Work on homework.
    5. Write my "Where I'm From" poem draft.
  2. When you meet your goal, write what you accomplished on the board.

2) Literacy Block: Before I die... (20 min)
  1. Before you watch, list: What types of art do you enjoy the most? Why? 
  2. While you watch: Describe the art that Candy Chang creates.
  3. After you watch: Discuss how Candy Chang's art connects to Where I'm From poems.

3) Tutorial Time:

  1. Review the protocol for tutorials. 
  2. Watch the video below and discuss what makes an effective and ineffective tutorial. 
  3. Break into groups.
  4. State your final concept rating and choose who will present first.
  5. Image result for AVID tutorial time
    1. Presenters: Give your thirty second speech. Got it? Summarize the steps to answering your point-of-confusion.
    2. Classmates: Ask questions. Make sure to pause and ask clarifying question if the presenter's final summary has mistakes.
  6. Fill in three column notes as you present and ask questions.
  7. Write your reflection.
    1. I can make tutorials go more smoothly by... (Finishing my TRFs on time, asking more questions, bringing my notes, etc.)
    2. You (as in, give ME, Ms. Nickel, a suggestion!) can help make tutorials go more smoothly by...

No comments:

Post a Comment