Wednesday, May 6, 2015

How can my review systems help me succeed? (Day 3) Daily Plans: Thursday, 7 May

Happy Thursday AVID Studying Professionals! WOOT! 10 Day Review!
**********************************
Homework: SERIOUSLY YOUR LATE WORK NOW!
*No late work after this Friday because you need time to just study!*
Wear Summer Bridge/red shirt + black/khaki/white pants/skirt tomorrow!
**********************************
Big Idea: Systems
Essential Question: How can my review systems help me succeed?
Objectives: I can...
...evaluate my preparedness for different classes.
...plan to avoid panic and stress.
...practice what should go on in my head when I have a tough question.
...revise my writing and work.
...study on!
**********************************
1) Warm Up: Worry, Plan, De-Stress (10 min)
  1. Fill out the form below.
  2. Then, grab a coloring sheet and color!

2) Literacy Block/Review Time: Tackling Tough Questions (40 min)
  1. Practice breaking down test questions.
    1. Try one as a class.
    2. Then, try it in your content area groups.
  2. List what you do when you get a tough question.
  3. Use the Inquiry Process diagram and classmates to create a better approach to tackling tough questions.
  4. Fishbowl it!
  5. Quiet Study Time (10 min)
3) Success Workshop: Writer's Workshop and SMART Study Hall (Until 2:56)
  1. Pull up all of your Career Problems Paper work while I hand back grade sheets.
  2. Make revisions.
  3. I will meet with everyone one-on-one to discuss where you are. I will check for revisions on Monday to finalize your grades.
  4. When you are done with revisions:
    1. If you have missing work or work to revise, FINISH AND REVISE!
    2. If your binder is so messy you can't find work to review, reorganize!
    3. If you are good to go, keep studying!
4) Exit Ticket: Elevator Speech
  1. Power Pose!
  2. Practice your group's elevator speech for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment