Monday, May 11, 2015

How can my review systems help me succeed? (Day 5) Daily Plans: Tuesday, 12 May

Happy Tuesday AVID Studying Professionals!
**********************************

Homework: AVID Exam Thursday! AVID Family Day and Ice Cream Social Friday (if you have no missing work!)
**********************************
Big Idea: Systems
Essential Question: How can my review systems help me succeed?
Objectives: I can...
...evaluate my work and the work of my classmates.
...use my study calendar and notes.
...create a useful review tool.
...collaborate with my classmates.
**********************************
1) Warm Up: Career Clusters Fair Evaluation



2) Success Workshop: AVID Strategy One-Pager Preview + Study Tool Creation (Until 2:20)
  1. Before you work:
    1. Mind dump: What have you learned in AVID this semester? What strategies have you used?
    2. Preview the AVID Strategy One-Pager Assignment.
  2. While you work:
    1. Make sure you have your resources out while you make your study tool!
    2. Have me check your study tool before you finish to see if you need to make revisions.
  3. Done before 2:20? Work on your One-Pager!

3) Study Group Time
  1. Know where to go:
    1. Nickel: Biology, Geology, English
    2. Testa: Math 3, Stats
    3. Cheatham: Math 2, AFM, Civics and Economics
  2. Know what to do:
    1. Go around your group. Give a 30 second speech describing your review tool and what concepts it reviews.
    2. Start using your review tools!
    3. As you review:
      1. List and answer 6 questions.
      2. Define 4 words.
      3. Note 2 things you need to review again.
    4. Done early? Work together to create condensed notes/cheat sheets of the material that will be on your exam.
4) Exit Ticket! Studying for Success Stickies!
  1. Read the persons name on your card.
  2. Give that person a plus about his or her study tool.
  3. Then, write what your favorite overall study tool was and why.

No comments:

Post a Comment