Monday, November 17, 2014

How will my decision-making process support my success? Daily Plans: Tuesday, 18 November

Happy Tuesday AVID Buddies!
****************************
Homework: Make sure you have done all missing work!
****************************
Big Idea: Relationships support success
Essential Questions: How will my decision-making process support my success?
Objectives: I can...
...explain what I consider when I make decisions.
...describe an event that helped me make my future career decisions.
...set SMART goals.
...demonstrate 21st century learning skills.
...organize my work.
*****************************
1) Warm Up: Respond to the following prompt. Write your schedule in the ideal school. Describe what you would learn in at least two of the classes on your schedule.
 

2) Literacy Block: Graphing Functions Dance
  1. Look at the image below.
  2. List the functions you have worked with before in your math classes.
  3. Sketch a graph for each function you listed. Use the stick people as inspiration.
  4. As a class, play Simon Says, Math Functions! (First round with the image, second without!)

3) Lesson Plan: Writing about Career Decisions
Purpose: The purpose of this writing assignment is for you to describe how you make decisions and think back to how you made a very important decision...the career you want to pursue! You will write one TPEEA paragraph, one reflective paragraph, and 5 SMART goals. You may add pictures. You will also add your portfolio link to this and then send me the embed link so I can publish your work! #21stcenturyskillz
  1. Copy the template below into your AVID folder. 
  2. Name it "Name - Career Writing".
  3. Complete the prompts.
  4. Send me your embed code.

4) Success Workshop: 
  1. Work on your portfolio additions from last week.
  2. Revise your Cornell notes by highlighting key terms, adding HOT questions, or writing summaries.
  3. Organize your binder.
5) Exit Ticket: Crystal Ball
  1. Tell me what AVID can do for you to help you survive and thrive during exam period!

No comments:

Post a Comment