Sunday, November 22, 2015

Where am I going? How can I use my time wisely to get there? Daily Plans: Monday, 23 November

Happy Monday AVID Family!
*****************************
Homework: Make sure you are done with all work and revisions for ALL classes! 
*****************************
Big Idea: Structures lead to success
Essential Question: Where am I going? How can I use my time wisely to get there?
Objectives: I can...
...determine who has positively impacted my life.
...set and meet SMART goals.
...determine my point of view.
...speak convincingly and listen actively.
*****************************
1) Warm Up: Who are you grateful for? (5 min + 2 min to share)
  1. Define gratitude in your notes.
    1. noun the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness."she expressed her gratitude to the committee for their support"
  2. Respond to the prompt below for THREE people.#787
Because of ______, I ________. 
2) Set SMART Goals and Work! (35 min)
  1. Write a SMART goal for the next 15 minutes.
  2. Work!
  3. Post your sticky note on the board when you meet your goal.
  4. Repeat.
  5. **No work? Complete one of the following:
    1. Look at the pink tabs in your binder/notes. Email your teacher for that class asking a SPECIFIC question and setting up a time to meet.
    2. Create a video study guide for yellow tabbed information. This should be a youtube playlist OR a Google Doc with video links. 
    3. Color your stress management plan!
3) Philosophical Chairs (35 min)
  1. Skim through the topics here.
  2. Vote for two topics.
  3. Take 10 minutes to skim the articles provided and come to your decision. 
  4. Do Philosophical Chairs.
  5. Reflect: 
    1. What was the most convincing statement you heard even if it didn't convince you to move? Why was that statement convincing?
    2. What evidence of active listening did you see and hear?
4) Time for YOU! (5 min)
  1. Finish tabbing your notebooks and binders!
    1. Yellow: Review this!
    2. Pink: GET HELP STAT!
    3. Blue: I could totally explain this to someone else! :)
  2. Check and respond to emails. 





No comments:

Post a Comment