Tuesday, April 21, 2015

What will my life be like in the career cluster I've chosen? Daily Plans: Wednesday, 22 April

Happy Wednesday AVID Career Explorers!
*******************************
Homework: 
  1. Paper due Friday at midnight! Remember to read the formatting information!
  2. Late: Finish Common App Doc and Pennant. TURN IN NCSU FORMS!
*******************************
Big Idea: Change
Essential Question: What will my life be like in the career cluster I've chosen?
Objectives: I can...
...write creatively.
...ask guiding questions to help my classmates explain their confusions.
...design an engaging and informative Career Clusters poster.
********************************
1) Warm Up: Creative Writing (10 min)
  1. Take out your TRF.
  2. Respond to the prompt below in an email or index card to me. Convince me that the worst thing about you is not the most important thing about you. 
  3. Are you like, "Ms. Nickel, I just need time to work on my draft!"? Do that. #practicebettertimemanagementtho #truthisnotanattitude
#675
the worst thing about you
2) Success Workshop: Tutorial until 2:15 (be in your Career Clusters room by 2:17)
  1. Go to the room related to your TRF.
    1. Ms. Cheatham: Math 2, AFM, Civics and Economics
    2. Ms. Nickel: Biology, Geology, English, AVID
    3. Mrs. Testa: Math 3, Stats
  2. Decide on a moderator.
  3. Begin 30 second speeches.
  4. Ask each other questions that BUILD up to the person understanding his or her point-of-confusion.
  5. Presenters, explain back to your group how to do the problem.
  6. Take notes!
  7. Move on!
3) Career Clusters Group Work

  1. Review your fireable and promotable actions.
  2. Big goal for today: Assemble your trifold board!
  3. On sticky notes, write each person's jobs for today.
  4. When you finish something, check it off! Finished with your whole list? Post it on the board and get new tasks from your group.

No comments:

Post a Comment