Tuesday, February 10, 2015

What skills can I use to help my classmates succeed? Tutorial Day! Wednesday, 11 February

Happy Wednesday AVID Buddies!
****************************
Wonderful Opportunity on Thursday: Learn about Volunteer Opportunities @ the Raleigh Natural Sciences Museum
*****************************
Homework: 
  1. Sign up for remind!
  2. Work for Coach B
  3. Finish MBTI and Color Code Double Entry Journal by Thursday
  4. LATE: (Share both with me!): My Powers and Who I am
****************************
Big Idea: Power
Essential Question: What skills can I use to help my classmates succeed?
Objectives: I can…
...identify a point of confusion.
...give a clear 30 second speech.
...ask guiding questions.
...set and meet SMART goals.
********************************
1) Warm Up: 3...2...1...TUTORIALS! WOOT! (1:32)
  1. List the following to help you prepare for Tutorials:
    1. List THREE main ideas you covered this week in any class.
    2. List TWO terms from any of your classes.
    3. List ONE thing you are confused about or found difficult.
2) Time For You!
  1. Write a SMART goal for what you hope to accomplish today. Consider:
    1. Working on your work for Coach B
    2. Finishing your LATE: (Share both with me!): My Powers and Who I am
    3. Finishing your MBTI and Color Code Double Entry Journal
    4. Revising your notes
    5. Organizing your binder
    6. Working on other homework
    7. Making revisions
3) Tutorial Time: Switching Rooms (1:35-2:15)
  1. Before Tutorials:
    1. Set up Three Column Notes: Point of Confusion, Notes, Steps.
    2. Go to the correct location:
      1. Ms. Cheatham: AFM, Math 2, Civics and Economics
      2. Mrs. Testa: Math 3, Stats
      3. Ms. Nickel: Biology, Geology, English
  2. In your Tutorial Groups:
    1. Decide on a moderator who will make sure everyone gives a 30 second speech and that classmates ask questions.
    2. Give a thirty second speech, help your classmates, fill in your three column notes.
  3. After the Tutorial:
    1. (2:35) Fill out three questions that helped you, two questions you asked, one summary of what you learned.
    2. (2:42) Return to your regular classroom and turn in your TRF!
****************************
Wonderful Opportunity on Thursday: Learn about Volunteer Opportunities @ the Raleigh Natural Sciences Museum
*****************************
Homework: 
  1. Sign up for remind!
  2. Work for Coach B
  3. Finish MBTI and Color Code Double Entry Journal by Thursday
  4. LATE: (Share both with me!): My Powers and Who I am

No comments:

Post a Comment