Sunday, March 12, 2017

Where am I going? What will I give back? Daily Plans: Monday, 13 March

Happy Quarter 4 AVID Students!
Image result for inside out*************************
Homework: 
-Due Wednesday: TRF
*************************
Big Idea: Structures have interrelated parts
Essential Questions: Where am I going? What will I give back?
Objectives: I can...
...relate themes from your experiences to Inside Out.
...find information I would need to know as an college representative.
...take organized notes as I navigate college websites.
...set a personal goal.
*************************
1) Warm Up: "Inside Out" Wrap Up (30 min)
  1. Take out your Inside Out Log (TOC #12).
  2. Based on what you have seen so far, rate Inside Out from 0-5 stars and justify your rating.
  3. Finish watching the movie.
  4. Complete the Writing Wrap Up. Love to draw and doodle? Do this as you watch the movie.
2) Lesson Plan: College Fair Presentation Planning (45 min)
  1. Get your copy of the planning document.
  2. Review your To Do list from Thursday and your To Do list for today.
  3. Work on today's tasks, and catch up as needed!
  4. When the timer goes off, place your paper in the drawer for your AVID period. This is where your paper ALWAYS stays!!!! 
  5. Template for Emailing Admissions:
  6. Image result for admissions officers
    1. Subject: Information and Handout Requests
    2. Body:
      1. Dear Admissions Officers,
      2. My name is ____ and I am an AVID Freshmen at Lee Early College in Sanford, NC. My classmates and I are hosting a college fair for elementary and middle school students in our district during normal school hours so more students can come. My partners and I are representing your school and we are excited! We have found a lot of helpful information online. We were wondering if you could send us about 50 flyers or any other information sheets, etc. that you might give out at college fairs. Our address is: Lee Early College, c/o YOUR name, 1105 Kelly Drive, Sanford, NC 27330.
      3. Have questions you can't find the answers to online? Feel free to ask these here! Say something like: Can you tell me where to find information about _____ at your university? 
      4. Thank you so much for considering this! Sincerely,
      5. Your name
Image result for smart goals
3) Closure and Exit Ticket: Start SMART (Until the end of class)
  1. Take out your planner.
  2. Fill in any upcoming due dates, events, tests, etc.
  3. Write a Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-bound goal for this week.
  4. Swap goals with a neighbor and have your neighbor check that it is SMART.

No comments:

Post a Comment